Wie Affinity Group
IEEE Women in Engineering (WIE) is the largest international professional organization dedicated to promoting women engineers and scientists and inspiring girls around the world to follow their academic interests to a career in engineering.
The aim of WIE is to find effective ways to facilitate the recruitment of women mainly in the technical field. WIE strives to bring together a community of women and men IEEE members collaborating and associating their talents and capacities to innovate and benefit all humanity.
IEEE WIE’s main purpose is to:
– Recognize the achievements of women engineers in the electrical and electronics field through appointments in IEEE AWARDS.
– Organize conferences and take part in congresses to enlarge the WIE network and promote the advantages of membership in this Affinity Group.
– Encourage women engineers to take a leading role in the various programs and activities organized by WIE and in the professional field within a company.
– Provide assistance in the development of new ‘WIE Afiinity Groups’ and support all their ongoing activities and events.
– Solicit WIE members to join the IEEE Student-Teacher and Research Engineer / Scientist (STAR) program to serve as mentors to girls studying at elementary, junior high and high school.